Many private child care centers strive to provide high quality care but lack the resources often available to publicly-funded early childhood programs. The Charleston County First Steps Child Care Quality Enhancement (QE) program aims to produce measurable improvements in the quality of care provided to young children. Contact us if you own/operate a child care center and are interested in learning more about this program.
Our services include:
- Rigorous quality assessments
- On-site technical assistance at least twice monthly
- Funding for equipment and materials
- Training and workforce development
- Coordination with community partners